The porch on the left is the entrance to the Girls’ School which was on the upper floor. The porch on the right is the entrance to the Boys’ School which was on the ground floor. There was one rear door leading to upstairs back porch. The ground floor had two rooms, but top floor had only one room.
A garden at the rear was used by the girls for nature study. This area was used later for the extension which may be seen in the aerial photograph of the Town in the Article on the Railway by the Finn. In that photograph some children can be seen playing in the yard of the old school. The extension to rear built by Mr. Lindsay, The Haw, Lifford, about 1927 – 28.
|Miss M. R. Robinson, Letterkenny, – Infants
A. Timony, – Middle Classes,
W. O’Doherty, – Senior Classes.
When he retired he was succeeded by A. Timony, and he was succeeded by C. McShane, Teelin, who left the school in 1931
|Miss McMenamin, Letterkenny, – Infants
Miss M. Hannigan, – Middle Classes
Miss Ballintine (Mrs Coyle) – Senior Classes